Friday, March 25, 2011

Dreaming Kool-Aid Dreams

So there is a company called White Rabbit Fibers LLC that I found through an ad on facebook that always seems to tease me with their white yarns. These yarns are just begging me to buy them, love them, and give them some personality. It's gotten pretty bad lately as they have 400 yards of lace weight silk for 10.99. Ten. Ninety. Nine. I've always wanted to knit myself up a pretty silk shawl or stole or wrap or something to throw on to make it through these chilly evenings before spring really gets here, but I want colors that scream "I am a shawl, and I OBVIOUSLY belong to Catrina." I've heard about dyeing with Kool-aid, but I know that kool-aid only works on protien based fibers like wool and alpaca. Cotton need not apply. But silk? Silk is in it's own category, and even though it's a protien, is it a kool-aid acceptable protien? I'm hoping that it is a possibility, and I plan to try it sometime in my near future. Or maybe I'll just stick with some merino. I do like merino...

No comments:

Post a Comment